Scottish Oat Scones Ingredients: 1 1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour 1 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) 1/4 Cup(s) granulated sugar 1 Tablespoon(s) Baking Powder 1/4 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional) 8 Tablespoon(s) (1 stick) margarine or butter, chilled and cut into pieces 1/2 Cup(s) currants, …
Day: July 10, 2018
Turkey Pot Pie for Two Ingredients 4 tablespoons butter 1 onion (peeled, small dice) 3/4 cup sweet potato (peeled, medium dice) 3/4 cup parsnip (peeled, medium dice) 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 cups chicken stock 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg 1 tablespoon sage (chopped) 1 cup …
Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup
Keep the bok choy greens and stalks separate after they’ve been prepped, because they are added to the soup at different times. If you prefer your soup less spicy, use the lesser amount of curry past. Be sure to use light coconut milk here or the soup will be too rich.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3-4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 small head bok choy, greens sliced thin and stalks chopped medium
- 2 (14 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Prepare the ginger and Bok Choy while the chicken browns. Slice the mushrooms and prepare the garnishes while the soup simmers.
- Heat broth mixture: Bring broth, fish sauce, and brown sugar to boil, covered, in large saucepan and set aside.
- Season and brown chicken: Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add seasoning and cook: Add ginger, curry paste, and ½ teaspoon salt to fat left in Dutch oven and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth mixture and bok choy stalks: Turn heat to low and stir in hot broth mixture, scraping up any browned bits. Add bok choy stalks and browned chicken. Cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through and not longer pink in center, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add coconut milk and mushrooms: Stir in coconut milk and mushrooms. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until mushrooms soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken: Add bok choy greens, season, and finish: While soup is simmering, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Stir in bok choy greens and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in shredded chicken and lime, juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle bowls with cilantro leaves before serving.
Felicity’s perfect risotto recipe Half an onion, finely chopped 25g butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1.25l good stock, chicken or vegetable 200g arborio, carnaroli, or vialone nano rice 50g unsalted butter, diced 50g Parmesan or Grana Padano (for a vegetarian option) cheese, grated Bring …
Basic Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite barbecue rub
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan and bring slowly to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and gently simmer the sauce until dark, thick, and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the sauce to clean (or even sterile) jars and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for several months.
Cacio e Pepe Ingredients Kosher salt 6 oz. pasta (such as egg tagliolini, bucatini, or spaghetti) 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed, divided 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper 3/4 cup finely grated Grana Padano or Parmesan 1/3 cup finely grated Pecorino Recipe Preparation Bring …
This is the bestmeatloaf recipe according to friends and family that have eaten it (and asked for it often). It has the perfect blend of spices and isn’t hard to make. To make the best meatloaf recipe turn into thebest dinner, serve with mashed potatoes and corn for mixing with every bite!
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheatoven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all the ingredients except the barbecue sauce together, then spread the meatloaf mixture into an ungreased loaf pan.
3. Spoon barbecue sauce on the top of the meatloaf and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.